In today’s ever-changing healthcare environment, many providers are evaluating CRM solutions to help manage what can be a lengthy process before a prospect becomes a patient. A CRM system can help organizations better manage patient interactions, including those that take place prior to someone even becoming a patient, when their personal identifiable information becomes part of an Electronic Health Record system, or EHR.
However, choosing an off-the-shelf CRM platform such as Salesforce, HubSpot or Zoho and integrating it with an electronic health record (EHR) system can be a challenge. There are a number of factors making integration difficult, including:
- Different data formats: CRM and EHR systems often use different data formats that may or may not be compatible. This can make it difficult to integrate the two systems and ensure that data is transferred accurately.
- Divergent security standards: CRM and EHR systems also often have different security standards. This can make it difficult to ensure that patient data is protected to HIPAA-standards when it is transferred between the two systems.
- Duplicate user interfaces: Having two systems of record may not only create separate systems to manage, but can also create duplicate work for already overtaxed staff members.
Despite these challenges, there are a number of benefits to integrating a CRM system with an EHR system. These benefits include:
- Improved patient care: A CRM system can help healthcare organizations to better manage their patient interactions, particularly at the critical stages before someone becomes a patient. This is all the more relevant in many specialty healthcare areas such as behavioral health, dental, optical, and orthodontia.
- Increased patient satisfaction: A CRM system can help healthcare organizations improve patient satisfaction by providing patients with a more personalized and relevant experience, and help identify pain points that may form obstacles to beginning care. This can lead to increased patient loyalty in the long-term.
- Reduced costs: A CRM system can help healthcare organizations reduce costs by streamlining their operations. This can be done by automating tasks, such as scheduling appointments and sending reminders, that can improve the care experience for the patient at the same time.
Integrating a CRM system with an EHR system can be a challenge, but it is worth the effort. By overcoming the challenges and implementing a successful integration, healthcare organizations can improve patient care, increase patient satisfaction, and reduce costs. Looking for help evaluating the right CRM for your practice, or making sure the integration process is seamless? Contact Traktion today to see how we can help.